Be Part of a
Movement & Vision
The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.
Inspired by the good news of Jesus and His desire to bring life, more churches need to be planted and more church planters need to be raised up.
To see thriving churches and persevering church planters, we believe preparation and ongoing support are vital.
Our Church Residency Program is a way for us to share our existing systems, structures and experience, and deliver immersive training for new planters.
How our church planting residency will help you
We want to help grow healthy and thriving churches for the Kingdom.
Our story began as a church plant in October 2007, with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in Melbourne for the good of all people and the glory of God.
Since then, City on a Hill has flourished into a movement of men and women across Australia stepping forward under one banner: to know Jesus and make Jesus known.
To continue this good work we recognised the need for an immersive and intentional pathway to recruit, assess, train and commission leaders to plant new City on a Hill churches.
Church planters who have been through our residency program
Three steps to join the church planting residency
1. Express your interest
2. Get Immersed in our movement
3. Pathway to plant
Requirements for acceptance
- A deep love for Jesus and his church
- A godly, humble, and teachable character.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Medium-high level of chemistry between the peak leadership team of City on a Hill and the applicant.
- Medium-high level of natural affinity with City on a Hill’s DNA.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Grow a ministry (entrepreneurial and pioneering skills).
- Cast a vision and lead a team in that vision
- Manage conflict well
- Resilience in ministry
- Teach, and to do so in a way that embodies City on a Hill’s cultural distinctives.
Formal theological training prior to or during the resident’s time in the program is expected.