City on a Hill Melbourne
Applications closed Sunday 28th November 2021
THE STORY SO FAR
Our story began in 2007 with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in Melbourne for the good of all people and the glory of God.
Meeting initially as a small group bible study in a city apartment, in October of that same year we launched our first public service in a pub in Melbourne’s Docklands.
Gripped by the good news of Jesus, we prayed that God would establish a community of faith that would experience his beauty, truth, and relevance in a timely and contextual way. Like a “city on a hill” that shines in the midst of darkness, so we wanted the light, love and life of God to emanate brightly in and through our lives for our good, the good of our city and the glory of his name.
Throughout our journey, God has done incredibly more than we could ever think or imagine. We have seen hundreds of men and women find new life in Christ and enter the waters of baptism. We have celebrated with those who have reconnected back to following Jesus. We’ve seen God inspire leaders and volunteers to care for the poor and marginalised, pioneer new ministries, train leaders, equip and send out missionaries near and far, and open many doors for the gospel.
Since our inception, we have witnessed a special work of God’s grace. We are now a movement of eight churches, across five cities, united together by a vision to reach 10 cities with the beauty, truth and relevance of Jesus by planting 50 churches.
City on a Hill is a movement of men, women and children, united by a simple mission:
To know Jesus and make Jesus known
The Ministry Coordinator will play a key role on the Ministry team at City on a Hill Melbourne. The Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of City on a Hill Melbourne’s Sunday services and special events. The Ministry Coordinator will be a paid role of 2 days per week, based in Melbourne, and will report directly to the Director of Ministry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Venue Management and Liaising for Sunday services
– Oversee venue access for Sunday services
– Be the point of liaison between City on a Hill and HOYTS for bookings, access, other management needs, and any troubleshooting.
– Oversee venue bump in/out
- Communication needs for Sundays
– Coordinate in-service communication needs, liaising with central communications, the Ministry Director, and the production coordinator/vision team to ensure all print needs and communications needs are met.
- Sunday Volunteer and Teams recruitment, coordination and care
– Drive unified recruitment initiatives for future volunteers on a Sunday.
– Coordinate the various teams across all areas on a Sunday and special events, oversight of scheduling team leaders and volunteers, ensuring teams are informed and that there is synergy across the whole.
– Ensure communication is taking place between in-cinema teams and leaders and out-of cinema teams and leaders.
– Be a point of communication between staff and volunteer team leaders for Sundays.
– Give special focus to volunteer needs and care.
- Logistics on Sundays and special events
– Oversee the placement, access and care of all non-production-related gear in HOYTS (e.g. banners, City Kids gear, communion cups, trolleys, Bibles, change tables for parents area, etc.).
– Oversee a team of volunteers to ensure cash at services is counted and banked as per cash handling policy and procedure.
- Venue bookings for special services and events
– Liaise and make venue booking for special events (e.g. anniversary service, conferences, digital content in special locations, etc.).
- Service and special events administration
– Manage rostering and service planning via ‘Planning Centre Online’ for services and special events including scheduling of service leaders, preachers and communion distributors, ensuring main communications items are transferred into service plans and maintaining the organisation of templates etc.
– Hosting guest preachers, ensuring there has been clear communication in the lead up to their visit and hosting them for the day of the services (or event).
KEY SKILL, COMPETENCY AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS
- Fulfil the character qualifications outlined for a deacon in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Alignment with the vision, mission and cultural distinctives of City on a Hill.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to recruit, train and develop volunteer teams.
- A demonstrated passion for Jesus, his church and his mission.
- Excellent communication with volunteers, guests, staff and key stakeholders.
- Excellent professional skills including: time management, efficiency, work capacity, project management, organisation and team leadership.
- Ability to maintain trust, discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive personal and church information.
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Victorian Working with Children Check, a National Police History Check that returns no disclosed outcomes that would exclude you from the role, and uphold the standards outlined in the Anglican Church of Australia Faithfulness in Service code of personal behaviour for church workers.
Applications closed Sunday 28th November 2021