Executive Director – Digital Ministries
City on a Hill
Applications closed Saturday 11th July 2020
THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill exists to know Jesus and make Jesus known.
Since our inception in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God’s grace. We are now a movement of seven churches, spread across three states, bound together by a big and audacious vision: to reach 10 cities with the beauty, truth and relevance of Jesus by planting 50 churches. We want the world to know Jesus, and so we are committed to planting physical churches and expanding our reach online.
The challenges of Covid-19 have opened our eyes to the amazing gospel opportunities in a digital world.
Since launching City on a Hill Digital we’ve seen over 4,000 households from 65 countries join us for our Sunday digital gatherings. Our mid-week gospel communities have seen a 20% increase in attendance since moving to the digital platform, and over 300 people have registered for Alpha online to explore their questions about faith and Jesus.
We are committed to using new technology to strengthen existing ministries, seed new initiatives, and expand the reach of the gospel.
We are now looking for an Executive Director - Digital Ministries to spearhead this important and exciting work.
The Executive Director – Digital Ministries is a significant and peak leadership role for City on a Hill, responsible for overseeing City on a Hill Digital, and facilitating the best use of technology across the movement. Reporting directly to the Senior Pastor (Guy Mason), they will lead and support the Digital Ministries Team in our vision to know Jesus and make Jesus known.
As a key leader in the City on a Hill Movement, the Executive Director – Digital Ministries will embody a full expression of our cultural distinctives and help drive our mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known.
- Driven by gospel confidence, they will think big, take risks and pray big prayers, eager to lift up the loving power of God. Driven by a deep love for Jesus, they will want people everywhere to hear the gospel, find Christian community, and be a part of God’s work in the world.
- Inspired by innovation and excellence, they will drive creative ways to proclaim the gospel, glorify God, and connect with people across the world.
- Recognising the value of cultural engagement, they will embrace the opportunity to tell the timeless message of the gospel in a timely way.
- Committed to unity and trust, they will relish the task of drawing together the diverse communities of City on a Hill to create one compelling expression of our movement. They will be adept at crafting a compelling vision, they will identify, empower and support the best people to complete the task.
This is a full-time position based in Melbourne.
- Build and oversee the Digital Ministries Team, identifying a group of specialists to foster creativity and excellence.
- Ensure the delivery of innovative and engaging digital services that reach our existing and new communities with the gospel of Jesus.
- Oversee digital marketing and utilisation of online media to reach and engage more people towards both our digital and physical ministries.
- Lead digital ministries as a strategic pillar that actively supports and contributes City on a Hill’s church planting vision and plans.
- Deliver digital ministry opportunities that strengthen each local church and their priorities to a) pioneer mission and mercy, b) grow communities of life, love and maturity, c) build gospel gatherings, d) equip the next generation.
Define, track and report appropriate health metrics to help gauge the effectiveness and fruitfulness of the ministry.
- Research and implement best practice (across the globe).
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIED
- Fulfil the character qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3: 8-13, and actively demonstrate humble, courageous, sacrificial leadership.
- A deep love for Jesus, his church, and a heart for mission and seeing the lost reached with the gospel of Jesus.
- Energised by creativity and excited by new technology.
- Value and welcome input and involvement from the Senior Pastor and other key leaders.
- Highly developed leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and mobilise people towards a shared vision. Significant and proven experience in senior leadership and management is essential, ideally in a fluid and growing environment.
- Excellence in professional skills including time-management, efficiency, work-capacity, project management, written and verbal communication, organisation, and team-leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and lead rapid organisational change and scale for sustainable growth.
- Formal education in multimedia, online services, etc.
- Theological training and experience in vocational ministry would be beneficial, but is not considered essential.
Applications closed Saturday 11th July 2020