City on a Hill Gold Coast
THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God. Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and his call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
City on a Hill Gold Coast is our seventh church and was planted in 2020. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new pioneering gospel ministry to the Gold Coast.
The Children’s minister is a person who has a love for children and is passionate about seeing them encounter God, in his word and through his people. They love working as part of the wider staff team to see our kids have an active and substantial role in the mission of our church to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’. The position exists so that children in our church and community grow in their intimacy with Jesus, obedience to Jesus and mission for Jesus. The Children’s Minister is a paid role of 2 days per week and is based on the Gold Coast. The successful applicant will report to, and work closely with, the Lead Pastor of City on a Hill Gold Coast, with coaching, training and support from the City on a Hill Movement Director of Next Generation Ministry.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead our children to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’ by cultivating a children’s ministry that is engaging, fun and brings the good news of Jesus to City on a Hill’s children.
- Oversee the growth of the children of City on a Hill Gold Coast as a community of life, love and maturity.
- Develop innovative and excellent ministry systems, structures, programs and events.
- Raise gospel leaders by recruiting, supporting and training City Kids volunteers to disciple and evangelise children through relevant gospel-centered programs.
- Communicate with and encourage parents to actively disciple their children.
- Be a valued participant in staff events and community life at City on a Hill Gold Coast.
- Helping to pioneer Mission opportunities for making Jesus known (eg. Playgroup, afternoon kids club, holiday programs etc)
- Work with the Lead Pastor to ensure healthy integration between children’s ministry and the wider church body.
- Cultivate a culture of safe ministry for all people involved in children’s ministry at City on a Hill Gold Coast, upholding all safeguarding policies and practices.
KEY SKILL, COMPETENCY AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS
- A demonstrated love for Jesus and his people.
- Willingness to commit to the vision and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill.
- A robust understanding of the Gospel and the Scriptures (formal theological training will be well regarded, either completed, in progress or willing to commence).
- Fulfil the character qualifications outlined for deacons in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Ability to recruit, lead and develop volunteer leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and disciple children.
- A ‘gospel confidence’ that boldly trusts in God’s saving power while seeking to innovate in order to mature existing people and reach new people through ministry.
- Be able to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and self-direct and manage duties & responsibilities.
- Able to maintain trust and confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Victorian Working with Children Check, a National Police History Check that returns no disclosed outcomes that would exclude you from the role, and uphold the standards outlined in the Anglican Church of Australia Faithfulness in Service code of personal behaviour for church workers.
To apply for the role, please send your current resume along with an application letter address the skills, experience and character requirements to: HR@cityonahill.com.au. Please also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills for this role.
For more information please contact us on 03 9640 0990, or email email@example.com.
APPLY FOR FOR THIS ROLE