City on a Hill Melbourne
Applications closed Friday 25th February 2022
THE STORY SO FAR
Our story began in 2007 with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in Melbourne for the good of all people and the glory of God.
Meeting initially as a small group bible study in a city apartment, in October of that same year we launched our first public service in a pub in Melbourne’s Docklands.
Gripped by the good news of Jesus, we prayed that God would establish a community of faith that would experience his beauty, truth, and relevance in a timely and contextual way. Like a “city on a hill” that shines in the midst of darkness, so we wanted the light, love and life of God to emanate brightly in and through our lives for our good, the good of our city and the glory of his name.
Throughout our journey, God has done incredibly more than we could ever think or imagine. We have seen hundreds of men and women find new life in Christ and enter the waters of baptism. We have celebrated with those who have reconnected back to following Jesus. We’ve seen God inspire leaders and volunteers to care for the poor and marginalised, pioneer new ministries, train leaders, equip and send out missionaries near and far, and open many doors for the gospel.
Since our inception, we have witnessed a special work of God’s grace. We are now a movement of eight churches, across five cities, united together by a vision to reach 10 cities with the beauty, truth and relevance of Jesus by planting 50 churches.
City on a Hill is a movement of men, women and children, united by a simple mission:
To know Jesus and make Jesus known
City on a Hill Melbourne is seeking an Administration Coordinator to provide assistance and coordination of administration. This new role is a paid role of 3 days per week, with flexible working arrangements, and will provide a vital administrative ministry to further the mission of City on a Hill Melbourne through providing administrative coordination and essential support to the Melbourne staff team.
The Administration Coordinator will provide administrative direction to support staff in their various ministries, and is also responsible to oversee incoming church communication. The role is based at the City on a Hill Melbourne office (Carlton) and will report directly to the Executive Assistant for the Senior Pastor.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of general administrative processes.
- Management of the City on a Hill Melbourne calendar.
- Management of incoming communication on behalf of the City on a Hill Melbourne staff team – including email, phone and mail.
- Management of the City on a Hill Melbourne database.
- Administration of Safe Ministry processes.
- Documentation, bookings and communication relating to baptisms, weddings and funerals.
- General office duties including: management of office systems, upkeep and repairs, ordering stationery, etc.
- Coordination of letters, gifts and words of encouragement to City on a Hill members or ministry partners.
KEY SKILL, COMPETENCY AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS
The following character, skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Live out an active and vibrant faith in Jesus and a willingness to commit to the vision and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill.
- Hold the spiritual gift of administration (as outlined in 1 Cor 12:28)
- Be (or willingness to be) an active member in the life and ministry of City on a Hill Melbourne.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate office equipment.
- Be able to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and self-direct and management duties & responsibilities.
- Ability to handle stress and problem solve.
- Ability to maintain trust, discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive personal and church information.
- Willingness to be and remain teachable and grow/learn as the church and staff team continues to grow.
The following skills and experience are deemed desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
- Experience in an administrative role in a corporate or church ministry context.
- Experience with management of data and systems.
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Victorian Working with Children Check, a National Police History Check that returns no disclosed outcomes that would exclude you from the role, and uphold the standards outlined in the Anglican Church of Australia Faithfulness in Service code of personal behaviour for church workers.
Applications closed Friday 25th February 2022