City on a Hill is a community of people on mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known. In order to make this mission go forth and the vision become a reality the City Kids department serves our youngest members, and their families, by presenting the truth, beauty, and relevance of Jesus at our City Kids program each Sunday, and in other ways throughout the week.
City Kids desires to be a safe and positive environment for children to experience Jesus through God’s word. Our volunteers model personal and growing relationships with Jesus Christ and are committed to sharing this with the children. We strive to partner with families and their children in seeking God beyond the walls of City on a Hill by living lives shaped by vibrant faith and love toward God and others.
Reporting to the City Kids Coordinator – Melbourne, Megan Macaluso, the City Kids Team Leader will assist in the planning and preparation for City Kids each week, as well as be involved in the ministry every Sunday. This role involves being at City Kids, in our Melbourne location (Hoyts, Melbourne Central) from set-up to pack down, and an additional day in the Melbourne office each week.
Make Jesus known to the children, families, and volunteers at City Kids through:
- Teaching a crèche, preschool or primary group on Sunday’s
- Fostering relationships with the children and praying for them throughout the week
- Assisting with the set-up and pack down of City Kids Lounge 9 on a Sunday morning
- Preparing curriculum materials mid week for Sundays
- Developing relationships with parents on Sunday mornings
- Assisting in scheduling of volunteers
- Cultivating relationships with volunteers
- Giving import regarding new policies and procedures
Key Skills, Gifting, & Character
- A growing relationship with Christ.
- A growing understanding of the Gospel and the Scriptures.
- Ministry experience within Children’s Ministry or with working with kids in or outside of church setting.
- A passion for investing in, and developing, children of all ages.
- An orientation toward discussing systems, structures, and strategic leadership.
- A heart that seeks to care, encourage, serve, and minister to children and their families.
- A mindset that filters the City Kids ministry philosophy through the scope of Scripture and applies the truth of God’s word to why, how, and what you do.
Applications are now closed.