“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” – Jesus (Matthew 5:14-16)
City on a Hill embraces creativity. We worship a creative God who has purposed us to be creative beings (Genesis 1:27). As His people we are privileged to communicate His gospel message, using the creative gifts He has blessed us with for the good of the church and to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).
Today media is the primary vehicle for Gospel communication. Our mission is to communicate the timeless message of the Gospel to all people (Acts 1:8), while using timely, relevant, and contextually sensitive means (Acts 17). Therefore, our vision is to be at the forefront of contemporary media and communication in Australia as we seek to grow this ministry and bless as many as possible with the good news of Jesus.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Video Coordinator will be responsible for producing video content that advances our cause to know Jesus and make Jesus known. Their primary role will be assisting the Communications Director in supporting the vision and mission of City on a Hill and its ministries by providing faithful oversight of all video content and teams for our weekly Sunday vodcasts, sermon series campaigns and projects.
In addition, they will seek to build the video team as well as support and equip volunteers, and identify new team members to aid in the expansion of this ministry.
Over the next 12 months, the Video Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of video content for the following campaigns and projects:
- Sunday Vodcasts
- Teaching Series
- Easter Service/s
- His Story Our Story – Seventh Birthday
- Church Planting
- Christmas Service/s
- Introducing Jesus Course
- Community Groups
- Men’s / Women’s Conferences
- City Steps Vision
Key Skills & Gifting
The Video Coordinator must be highly competent in the following areas:
- pre-production – creative thinking, storyboarding, and script writing;
- production – camera operating and sound recording;
- post-production – editing and motion graphics (preferably Adobe Premiere and After Effects. 3D and VFX is bonus);
- project management and leadership.
The Video Coordinator will also:
- live out an active faith in Jesus and grow in Christ-likeness,
- actively set aside time for prayer and devotion,
- uphold the core values and identity of City on a Hill,
- seek to fulfill all requirements as stipulated in the City on a Hill Code of Conduct. (to request this document email email@example.com),
- attend a City on a Hill Sunday service,
- meet with the City on a Hill Lead Pastor for support and accountability,
- receive a performance review every twelve months including a 3 month probation review.
The position will be for 2 days p/w, with opportunity to expand in the future.
Applications have now closed.