THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as He has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets across three sites in two cities with our first interstate church planned for 2016.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained a red hot commitment to Christ and His call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
City on a Hill is a community committed to ‘biblical teaching and training’. Indeed, it is our first of five flags that define who we want to be as a church. The Training Director will be commissioned to prioritise the biblical depth of our members, and craft content that ‘equips the saints for the work of ministry’ (Eph. 4:12). The avenues through which this training is exercised will be courses, events, seminars and one-to-one mentoring.
This role is a 3 day per week engagement, which reports to the Executive Pastor at City on a Hill: Melbourne.
- Embodying City on a Hill’s vision and mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known to the members of City on a Hill.
- Build a world class ‘School of Ministry,’ which aims at the equipping of our members, and their theological and ministry development.
- Recruiting, training and developing a team of training leaders who can ‘rightly handle the word of truth’ and competently train up others who are equally faithful to teach.
- Resource City on a Hill: Melbourne’s leaders with theological content, sharpening them to better handle the Bible and lead others to do the same.
- Develop a cohesive ecclesiastically grounded training platform to serve City on a Hill: Melbourne’s training goals.
- Leadership of key projects as determined by, and in partnership with, the Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor of City on a Hill: Melbourne.
- Begin City on a Hill’s pastor pathway.
- Be actively engaged in leadership at events and Sunday services.
- Be actively engaged in discipleship and pastoral care of church members.
- Actively bring innovative thinking and creativity to this ministry.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Fulfill the qualifications of an elder as laid out in 1 Timothy 3.
- The ability to teach.
- Demonstrated track-record in the discipleship of leaders over all phases of their development (exploring gifts, experiencing leadership, continuing in leadership).
- Completion of a theological degree from an evangelical seminary or equivalent.
- Experience teaching the Bible to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum and a pedagogical system aimed at equipping the saints for the work of ministry.
- Live a committed, prayerful, holy life of dependence on God in Christ.
- Have a deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by His gospel.
- The ability to lead, direct and shepherd a leadership team.
The following skills and experience are desirable in the candidate to fulfil this position:
- A post-graduate theological degree.
- Demonstrated calling and gifting for ministry as a pastor-theologian.
It is expected that the Training Director will have the maturity, qualifications and experience needed to begin the City on a Hill Pastor Pathway immediately upon appointment.
The Training Director will be involved in select Melbourne and City on a Hill: Movement staff meetings, and meet regularly for oversight from the Executive Pastor.
The Training Director must be a mature disciple of Jesus who upholds our confession of faith, and is in joyful agreement with our theological convictions and cultural distinctives.
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 29th April 2016.