"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." – Jesus (Matthew 5:14-16)
The mission of City on a Hill is simple, profound, cosmic, and bold, "To know Jesus and make Jesus known". City on a Hill seeks to serve this mission through Christ-centred, Bible-based, disciple-developing, mission-minded, culturally-connected, spirit-saturated, and mercy-ministering worship. The position of Research Coordinator is integral to this mission.
This role will report to, be supervised, and work closely with the Movement Pastor. The Research Coordinator will also provide some support when required for the enhancement of preaching of Site Pastors.
Character, Knowledge & Skills
The Research Coordinator will demonstrate:
- A deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to see lives changes by His gospel;
- A clear and coherent understanding of the gospel;
- A life committed in prayerful dependence on God;
- An ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritise duties and responsibilities;
- A creative and innovative mindset;
- A desire to continually improve and develop high quality ministry and resources; and
- An ability to maintain trust, discretion, and confidentiality when handling sensitive personal and church information.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role will undertake regular tasks and functions for City on a Hill as follows:
- Support the Movement Pastor’s speaking and writing ministries (as led by the Movement Pastor);
- Manage the production of the teaching booklets/e-books (4-5 per year);
- Provide background research and articles for the teaching booklets/e-books;
- Write summaries of Biblical passages relevant to the teaching series (monthly);
- Provide training for relevant sessions (Teaching meetings, Staff meetings, Leader’s day);
- Write and review blog posts; and
- Develop and lead a City on a Hill Research Team.
This role will is expected to prepare for, and attend, the following regular meetings of City on a Hill:
- Staff meetings;
- Leaders Day; and
- Regular meetings with the Movement Pastor.
Engagement & Remuneration
The role is available on a part-time (2.5 dpw plus) engagement. Remuneration will be offered within the City on a Hill remuneration structure and can be discussed with the wardens of City on a Hill at time of application.
Applications have now closed.