THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as He has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets in four locations throughout three cities across two states.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and His call to serve the poor and marginalized in our cities. We are committed to reaching out and serving those in need through ministries and services that provide genuine help and care, seeking to meet some of their most basic needs.
City on a Hill is a community committed to ‘God-centered generosity’. Indeed, it is one of our five flags that define who we want to be as a church. The Many Rooms Director will be commissioned to provide effective oversight of Many Rooms’ operations nationally, and to prioritise the expansion of the Many Rooms ministry, focusing on developing and implementing contextually helpful services connected to each City on a Hill church. The Many Rooms Director will also chair the Many Rooms committee under the direction of the City on a Hill Movement Ltd.
This role will start as a 3 day per week engagement, which reports to the Movement Executive Pastor for Ministry at City on a Hill. The role will involve supported regional and national travel as required.
- Embodying City on a Hill’s vision and mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known to the members of City on a Hill.
- Cultivation and champion of a mercy and compassion mindset throughout City on a Hill encouraging entrepreneurialism and creativity in engaging with the needs of those in our cities.
- Oversight of the MR ‘rooms’ Coordinators, and movement-wide Many Rooms staff team.
- Development of current and new initiatives for Many Rooms and specific for each City on a Hill location.
- Facilitate and cultivate key partnerships for the furthering of mercy ministries (e.g. Compassion).
- Development of grants and opportunities for external funding for the furthering of City on a Hill Many Rooms ministries.
- Chairing the Many Rooms committee.
- Active presence and participation in one or more Many Rooms services.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as laid out in 1 Timothy 3.
- Be an active member of a City on a Hill church (or willingness to join)
- Experience with developing and leading similar ministries.
- Experience in raising funds for a charitable organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle rapid organisational change.
- Live a committed, prayerful, holy life of dependence on God in Christ.
- Have a deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by his gospel.
The Many Rooms Director must be a mature disciple of Jesus who upholds our confession of faith, and is in joyful agreement with our theological convictions and cultural distinctives.
The role would ideally be based in Melbourne CBD, however may be located at another City on a Hill location (Geelong Vic, Brisbane Qld).
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Working with Children Check and satisfactorily pass a National Police Check.
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to email@example.com. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
Applications close 31st March 2017