THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. This year we also planted our first interstate church, City on a Hill Brisbane. Today, City on a Hill meets across four locations in three cities.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and his call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
To support the growing operational needs of the City on a Hill Movement, the Finance Director will join the Operations Team within City on a Hill Central, and will contribute to supporting the health of all City on a Hill churches and ministries. The Finance Director will be responsible for the Financial portfolio within the Operations Team, and will provide leadership and coordination of all financial activities across the City on a Hill Movement.
The Finance Director will report to the Executive Pastor (Operations), and will have oversight of finance support staff (currently outsourced accounting and bookkeeping services). The role will begin as a 2 or 3 day per week engagement, with flexible hours available.
- Oversight of all financial activities across the City on a Hill Movement, for all City on a Hill churches, ministries, and charities.
- Provision of various financial reports, analysis, and advice to the Executive Pastor (Operations), Wardens and Finance committees, and Executive and Pastoral teams.
- Oversight of all accounting and bookkeeping activities, including; payroll, accounts payable, income and expense reconciliations (with some of these activities outsourced).
- Preparing and presentation of annual financial accounts and reports.
- Support to the Executive Pastor (Operations) during the annual budget process.
- Maintain financial compliance and other statutory requirements under the various government and church governance bodies.
- Adherence to City on a Hill operational policies, and contribution to continuous improvement in this area.
- Strategic management of financial assets and reserves.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
- A demonstrated love for Jesus, His gospel and mission.
- Willingness to commit to the vision and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill.
- Relevant experience with financial oversight, analysis, and administration for a minimum $1million turn-over organization.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to maintain compliance requirements in a complex and growing organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle rapid organisational change.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong numerical and systems thinking skills.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. B.Acc, CPA, MBA).
- Experience with Xero Accounting software
- Thorough understanding of the current financial rules and regulations applicable to churches and charities.
- Experience and proven ability in leading organisational change.
The role would ideally be based in Melbourne CBD, however may be located at another City on a Hill location (Geelong Vic, Brisbane Qld).
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Working with Children Check and satisfactorily pass a National Police Check.
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to email@example.com. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
Applications close 30th November 2016