THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God. Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets across four locations in three cities. Our vision is to see 10 Cities reached with the gospel of Jesus.
While our story is characterised by change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and His call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
Reporting directly to our Lead Pastor, the Executive Pastor for our Melbourne family will initiate and execute senior leadership, including supervising and support of our Ministry Directors, coordinating ministry efforts, shepherding church staff, establishing culture, ministry rhythms as well as engaging our people to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known.’ This position is a full time role.
The specific responsibilities of the Executive Pastor – Melbourne position include:
- Senior leadership over all ministry activity at City on a Hill Melbourne.
- Execution of the City on a Hill Melbourne Lead Pastor’s vision and direction for the church.
- Supporting and serving Ministry Directors.
- Direct oversight of the running of City on a Hill Melbourne services.
- Continual evaluation of the effectiveness of City on a Hill Melbourne’s ministry and leading change and innovation.
- Embodiment of the City on a Hill convictions and values, and exemplifying the gospel environment the Scriptures prescribe in a healthy church community.
- Implementing and overseeing ministry policies and procedures as they relate to the Melbourne church.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Character and competency that fulfills the qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- The ability to teach, with persuasive communication and capable theological discernment.
- Demonstrated ability to cast vision, recruit, assess and deploy leaders and ‘equip the saints for the work of ministry’ (Eph. 4:12).
- Have a deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by his gospel.
- Theological training from an evangelical bible college or equivalent.
- Strong visionary leadership and strategic foresight.
- The ability to execute responsibilities, projects and tasks in a timely manner and lead other leaders to do the same.
- Experience and proven ability in leading organisational change.
The following skills and experience are desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
- A post-graduate theological degree.
- Anglican ordination.
- At least five years experience in a similar role.
The Executive Pastor will be involved in all relevant Melbourne and City on a Hill Movement staff meetings. The Executive Pastor must be a mature disciple of Jesus who upholds our confession of faith, and is in joyful agreement with our theological convictions (available here) and cultural distinctives (more information available here).
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to email@example.com. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
If you are a leader who is interested in this position, yet don't possess all of the skills and experience in the desirable criteria above, please reach out to us to discuss your suitability for this or another position with City on a Hill.
Applications close 30th November 2016