THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God’s grace as He has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of ‘knowing Jesus and making Jesus known’. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. City on a Hill now meets across four locations in three cities.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and His call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
Today media is a primary vehicle for Gospel communication. Our mission is to communicate the timeless message of the Gospel to all people, while using timely, relevant, and contextually sensitive means. Therefore, the Creative Video Coordinator will be responsible for producing video content that advances our mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known. Their primary role will be overseeing all video content for teaching campaigns, movement wide events, 10 Cities Vision updates, testimonies and stories, and other key initiatives and projects.
This role will commence as a 4 day per week engagement in Melbourne CBD, and reports to the Communications Director.
- Embody City on a Hill’s vision and mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known to all the people of City on a Hill.
- Lead and build creative video production team.
- Produce sermon series promotional videos and Bible reading videos.
- Produce story videos.
- Produce video content for City on a Hill Movement events, such as for Easter, anniversary service, and Christmas.
- Produce regular 10 Cities Vision update videos.
- Produce video content for new City on a Hill church plants.
- Manage creative video archives and video content online.
- Manage equipment hire and servicing.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
- Live a committed, prayerful, holy life of dependence on God in Christ.
- Have a deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by His gospel.
- Willingness to commit to the vision and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill.
- The ability to lead and build volunteer teams.
- Competent in pre-production, including creative thinking, script writing, storyboarding, and scheduling.
- Competent in production, including directing, camera operating, and sound recording.
- Competent in post-production.
- Experience in motion graphics and graphic design.
- Competent in using Adobe Creative Suite.
The Creative Video Coordinator will be involved in all relevant City on a Hill Movement and Central team meetings.
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to email@example.com. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
Applications close 17th July 2017.