THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as He has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. City on a Hill now meets across four locations in three cities.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and His call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
To support the growing operational needs of the City on a Hill Movement, the Compliance Director will join the Operations Team within City on a Hill Central, and will contribute to supporting the health of all City on a Hill churches and ministries. The Compliance Director will oversee all areas of operational compliance at City on a Hill, and will provide leadership and coordination of these activities across the Movement.
The Compliance Director will report to the Executive Pastor (Operations), and will provide leadership to a team of volunteers, as well as strategic support to the pastors, staff and governance teams. The role will begin as a 3 day per week engagement, with flexible hours available.
- Fulfill the duties of secretary for City on a Hill entities, including the City on a Hill Authorised Anglican Congregation (Anglican Diocese of Melbourne), the City on a Hill Movement Ltd., and the City on a Hill Foundation.
- Ensure adherence to all statutory reporting and compliance requirements to various governing bodies; including the ACNC, Anglican Dioceses, and other State and Commonwealth agencies.
- Leadership of the City on a Hill Safe Ministry Unit - overseeing compliance and background checks, leader applications, training, and implementation of Safe Ministry best practice standards and policies across all church ministries.
- Strategic and administrative support to the Executive Pastor (Operations), Board of Directors, and other operational governance teams.
- Administrative support in key areas of HR, including recruitment and onboarding, staff review and development, maintaining employment records.
- Adherence to City on a Hill operational policies, and contribution to continuous improvement in this area.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
- A demonstrated love for Jesus, His gospel and mission.
- Willingness to commit to the vision and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to maintain compliance requirements in a complex and growing organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle rapid organisational change.
- Relevant experience in the areas of governance, compliance, and administration.
- Ability to recruit, lead and develop volunteer leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement best practice systems and procedures.
- Proficient administrative skills
- Relevant tertiary training, such as business administration or law.
- Experience in writing policy and best practice operational procedures.
- Understanding of the current rules and regulations applicable to churches and charities.
- Experience and proven ability in leading organisational change.
The role would ideally be based in Melbourne CBD, however may be located at another City on a Hill location (Geelong Vic, Brisbane Qld).
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Working with Children Check and satisfactorily pass a National Police Check.
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to email@example.com. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
Applications close 17th March 2017.