City on a Hill: West is a community of people on a mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known. In order to make this mission go forth and the vision become a reality the Children and Families department serves our youngest members, and their families, by presenting the truth, beauty and relevance of Jesus through ministry, training and our City Kids program each Sunday.
The City Kids Coordinator is a two-day per week role, focused on developing our Sunday kids’ program, helping our children to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’. The City Kids Coordinator will report to Services Director, Zach Tay, in areas of operational and strategic oversight. Lead Pastor, Luke Nelson, will provide pastoral oversight, vision and support.
City Kids desires to be a safe and positive environment for children to experience Jesus through God’s word. Our staff and volunteers model personal and growing relationships with Jesus Christ and are committed to sharing this with others, partnering with children and their families to know Jesus and make Jesus known.
- leading our children to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’;
- implementing the vision of the City on a Hill pastors to City Kids and the children of City on a Hill;
- managing the efficient and effective operations of the City Kids Sunday program, including the implementing and oversight of relevant policies aimed at ensuring safe ministry practice;
- the identification, training and support of volunteers and key leaders;
- the development of faithful and dynamic teaching, assessing and fine-tuning existing material, or preparing suitable new material;
- raise the profile of City Kids, helping the church see what God is doing through this ministry; and
- praying specifically for children and their families.
Key Skills, Gifting and Character
The successful applicant will:
- have an ever-deepening knowledge and love of God, and a profound desire to make Him known;
- a robust understanding of the Gospel and the Scriptures;
- fulfill the character qualifications outlined for deacons in 1 Timothy 3:8-13;
- embrace the vision and mission of City on a Hill;
- share Jesus’ love for children, investing in the development of children of all ages, with the humble expectation that God will bring young people into a saving relationship with Him through our faithful ministry;
- have a deep commitment to team ministry, understanding the significance and power of the body of Christ;
- possess strategic insight, with the ability to build systems and structures that can facilitate an efficient and robust ministry;
- have an ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritize duties & responsibilities; and
- have an ability to maintain trust and confidentiality when handling sensitive personal and church information.
It is expected that the City Kids Coordinator will be involved in all West and City on a Hill: Movement staff meetings, and meet regularly with the Services Director and Lead Pastor.
The City Kids Coordinator must be, or be willing to become, a City on a Hill member and align with the cultural, philosophical and theological distinctives of our church. The City Kids Coordinator will also be encouraged to identify relevant courses and training opportunities to extend their skills (at City on a Hill’s expense). All ministry expenses will be covered by City on a Hill, as budgeted annually in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
The City Kids Coordinator must also hold a current Working With Children Check, be willing to undergo a National Police History Check, and be licensed by the Anglican Diocese as a Children’s Ministry worker.
Applications are now closed.