THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began in Melbourne with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as He has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets across four sites in three cities with our first interstate church planted in Brisbane in 2016.
While our story is characterised by change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and His call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
The City Kids Coordinator will be engaged 2 days per week, with part of this being at our weekly Sunday morning service, and otherwise sited within common workspaces with the City on a Hill: Brisbane staff team.
City Kids desires to be a safe and positive environment for children to experience Jesus through God’s word. Our volunteers model personal and growing relationships with Jesus Christ and are committed to sharing this with the children. We strive to partner with families and their children in seeking God beyond the walls of City on a Hill by living lives shaped by a vibrant faith and love toward God and others.
- Teaching and leading our children to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’.
- Implementing the vision of the City on a Hill pastors to City Kids and the children of City on a Hill.
- Managing the efficient and effective operations of the City Kids Sunday program, including the implementing and oversight of relevant policies as directed by the Operations team.
- Recruiting, managin, and developing leaders and volunteers, specifically for pre-school and primary rostering.
- Ensuring the health and safety in our events and programs.
- Initiating innovative ministry toward children.
- Praying specifically for children and their families.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- A growing relationship with Christ and a robust understanding of the gospel and the Scriptures.
- Character qualifications of a deacon as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Strong commitment to the vision and mission of City on a Hill.
- Leadership and children’s ministry experience.
- An orientation toward building systems, structures, and strategic leadership.
- A heart that seeks to care, encourage, serve, and minister to children and their families.
- Have an ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritise duties & responsibilities.
- Have a desire to produce creative resources and continually improve ministry.
The following skills and experience are desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
- Completed or working towards theological degree or diploma.
- Experience providing direction and oversight of a children’s ministry program.
The City Kids Coordinator will be involved in all relevant City on a Hill Brisbane and City on a Hill Movement staff meetings, and meet regularly for oversight from the Lead Pastor.
The City Kids Coordinator must be a mature disciple of Jesus who upholds our confession of faith, and is in joyful agreement with our theological convictions (available here) and cultural distinctives (more information available here). It is expected the City Kids Coordinator will pursue ongoing education to grow their theological and ministry leadership.
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
If you are a leader who is interested in this position, yet don't possess all of the skills and experience in the desirable criteria above, please reach out to us to discuss your suitability for this or another position with City on a Hill.
Applications close 23rd January 2017